Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg is a medication that combines three active ingredients: brompheniramine, pseudoephedrine, and dextromethorphan. It is commonly used to relieve symptoms associated with allergies, such as sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes. Additionally, it helps to reduce congestion and coughing.
The first active ingredient, brompheniramine, is an antihistamine that works by blocking the effects of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms. Pseudoephedrine, the second active ingredient, is a decongestant that helps to shrink blood vessels in the nasal passages, reducing congestion. Dextromethorphan, the third active ingredient, is a cough suppressant that acts on the cough center in the brain to reduce coughing.
This medication is available in tablet form and should be taken orally as directed by a healthcare professional. It is important to follow the recommended dosage and frequency to ensure the medication is effective and safe. Common side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, and blurred vision. If these side effects persist or worsen, it is important to contact a healthcare provider.
It is essential to inform a healthcare provider about any pre-existing medical conditions or medications being taken prior to starting Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg. This medication may interact with certain conditions and medications, including but not limited to hypertension, heart disease, and certain antidepressants. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new medication.
For your information, Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg is a combination medication commonly used to relieve symptoms associated with allergies. Its active ingredients work together to alleviate sneezing, runny nose, congestion, and coughing. It is important to follow dosage instructions and consult with a healthcare professional to ensure the medication is safe and effective for individual needs.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dosage of Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg is based on the patient’s age and weight. It is important to follow the instructions provided by the healthcare professional or as indicated on the prescription label.
This medication is typically taken orally, with or without food. It is important to swallow the tablet whole, without chewing or crushing it, unless otherwise directed by the healthcare professional.
For adults and children 12 years of age and older, the typical recommended dosage is one tablet every 12 hours, as needed for cough and cold symptoms.
For children 6 to 11 years of age, the typical recommended dosage is half a tablet every 12 hours, as needed for cough and cold symptoms.
For children 4 to 5 years of age, the typical recommended dosage is a quarter tablet every 12 hours, as needed for cough and cold symptoms.
For children 2 to 3 years of age, the typical recommended dosage is 1.25 mL (1/4 teaspoon) every 6 hours, as needed for cough and cold symptoms.
It is important not to exceed the recommended dosage or take the medication more frequently than directed. Doing so may increase the risk of side effects.
If the symptoms persist or worsen after a few days of treatment, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional for further evaluation.
It is also important to read and understand the complete prescribing information and medication guide provided by the healthcare professional or pharmacist before starting treatment with Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg.
Precautions and Side Effects
- Do not use Bromphen-Pse-Dm if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, glaucoma, or thyroid problems.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or taking sedatives while using this medication, as it may increase drowsiness and dizziness.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage or use it for a longer duration than prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep this medication out of reach of children.
Possible Side Effects:
Like any medication, Bromphen-Pse-Dm may cause certain side effects. It is important to be aware of these side effects and seek medical attention if they persist or worsen. Common side effects include:
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
If you experience any severe side effects, such as rapid heartbeat, difficulty urinating, hallucinations, or allergic reactions, seek immediate medical attention.
|Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)||May increase the risk of side effects|
|Antihistamines||May cause increased drowsiness|
|Antidepressants||May enhance the effects of these medications|
|Beta blockers||May decrease the effectiveness of beta blockers|
It is important to inform your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal products, to avoid any potential drug interactions.
Remember, this is not a complete list of precautions, side effects, and drug interactions. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information before using Bromphen-Pse-Dm.
Interactions with Other Medications
Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg may interact with other medications and cause potential side effects or decrease the effectiveness of the drug. It is important to inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are currently taking, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal products. This will help your doctor to prevent any potential interactions and adjust your medications accordingly.
Some important interactions of Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg are:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs): Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg should not be taken by individuals who are currently taking or have taken MAOIs in the past 14 days. Combining these medications can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms like confusion, hallucination, seizures, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, fever, excessive sweating, shaking, and shivering.
- Antidepressants: Combining Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg with certain antidepressants, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), or serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Antihypertensive Medications: Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg has a mild antihypertensive effect. Therefore, combining it with other antihypertensive medications, such as beta blockers or ACE inhibitors, may cause an excessive decrease in blood pressure.
- Urinary Retention Medications: Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg may increase the risk of urinary retention. Combining it with medications that have similar effects, such as anticholinergic drugs or alpha-blockers, can further increase this risk.
It is crucial to consult with your healthcare provider before starting or stopping any medications while taking Bromphen-Pse-Dm 2-30-10mg. They can provide you with personalized advice and ensure your safety and well-being.