Many readers are interested in the following topic: Will Squats Make My Butt Bigger?. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
Squats are a popular exercise, designed to workout your leg, back, butt and abdominal muscles. They are very effective in toning and strengthening these areas and more. Often referred to as a compound exercise for a whole body workout, squats are often used to measure strength. Because of the intensity of this exercise, people often wonder if squats will make butt bigger.
Will Squats Make My Butt Bigger?
Squats can increase the size of your butt, but how much depends a lot on how you perform them and the type of diet you follow. However, keep in mind that in all reality, the shape and size of your rear end is greatly determined by genetics.
Just like the other muscles in your body, you can mold your butt with the right exercises. When you are trying to bulk up your glutes, it is important that you perform squats correctly or they will be ineffective. When you lower your hips below the knees, your butt will get the majority of its workout when you lift back up. This fact is evident when you gaze upon bodybuilders or athletes that incorporate squats into their workouts.
Do the Squats in a Proper Manner to Make Your Butter Bigger
Will squats make my butt bigger? Probably, but you need to do them properly if you want to get the results you seek. The right form and stance is needed for the exercise to work.
- To perform squats correctly, you should stand straight with your feet a little further apart than the width of your hips.
- Clench your glutes muscles, pull your abdomen in and stand with your shoulder blades back.
- As you bend at the knees, allow your hips to pivot back as your butt descends towards the floor. Let your torso lean forward a little. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, stop descending.
- While holding the position for a count of one, be sure to keep your knees situated behind your toes and your back upright. Use your butt muscles in assisting your legs to straighten up and go back to the standing position.
Create a Routine
When creating a routine that incorporates squats, plan on including the exercise about three times a week about every other day, but no more as you will overwork the muscles. The best course is to take the weekends off from intense workouts and keep to light cardio.
Initially, do sets of 5 body weight only squats. Work up to reps of 15. Once you have mastered these, start adding weight a little at a time. As you gain strength, slowly add additional weight over the next 90 days.
Pay Attention to Your Diet
Will squats make my butt bigger? Yes, but it’s not that simple. You also have to have a proper diet to get the result you desired.
Having a workout supplement during your workout session is called an intra workout. When you are exercising, you burn energy stored in your fat and muscle. To prevent using your existing energy source, you can take protein drinks or supplements during your workout.
For example, when figuring out if squats would make your butt bigger or not, consider where your body gets its boost when exercising. Basically, your muscles store glycogen, which is derived from sugar drawn from carbohydrates. It is easily accessible and when it is not readily available, your body has to work harder to get what it needs.
You do not want to eat a full meal, just enough to get you through your workout. You can restore your glycogen by eating an energy bar and have drinks designed specifically to replenish your energy level. You can also consume them when you have a drop in your blood sugar to get a boost.
Post Workout Meal
Post workout meals are key to boosting your energy and help bulk your butt. Protein shakes are designed to be used by both women and men, so feel free to incorporate them into your routine. Find a quality whey protein and make a shake of half of the recommended size. Only drink these shakes after you workout.
The protein shake is only the start to your post workout meal. You will see noticeable gains in your glutes if you also eat a healthy, protein rich meal. Make sure you always eat the meal associated with your workout time. For instance, eat breakfast if you are working out in the morning. The meal should also include good fats and carbohydrates to keep your energy levels high.
An example of a good meal for adding bulk to your butt might be:
- 3 ounce serving of salmon or lean beef
- Serving of carbohydrate-rich sweet potatoes or whole wheat pasta
- Small mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette
Other Tips to Make Your Butt Bigger
Change Your Stance and Walk
Have you ever watched a runway model walk a stage? The way she stands and struts accentuates the curves of her body. Try it by arching your lower back while holding your shoulders back. By doing this, your chest and butt will appear bigger while your waist and abs will look smaller. When you walk, imagine a line running straight before you. As you stride ahead, place your foot on the imaginary line. Keep walking along this line, one foot after the other along the line. If you can master it, put a little swag in your hips to emphasize your butt’s shape.
2. Work Hard to Build Your Glutes
When you build the muscles in your butt, you will make it bigger and rounder. There are several exercises that can help you reach your goal. Incorporating them into your routine 3 times a week will give you the best results.
- Butt bridges – Lie on the floor with your back flat and your knees bent. Place your arms to your sides so they can help you balance your body as you raise your butt and then slowly lower it back to the ground. Complete 3 sets of 10 reps each.
- Kickbacks – Standing on one leg, kick the other one back squeezing your butt as you do. Complete 10 times on each leg. Add ankle weights for additional resistance.
- Lunges – Standing with your back straight, place your feet at shoulder width. Bend one leg and move it forward in a lunge. Return it back to where it started and repeat lunging motion with the other leg. Complete 3 sets of 10 lunges on each leg.
3. Strengthen Your Core
If you strengthen your core muscles, they will be tighter and leaner. Doing this can go a long way in answering ‘will squats make my butt bigger’ by doing just that. Incorporate these exercises into your workout schedule 3 times a week.
- Twist crunches – This exercise works like a sit-up but with a twist. Like a sit-up, lie with your back flat on the floor and your knees bent. Place your hands behind your head with arms bent at the elbow. Lift your right shoulder, twisting in to the left and raise the left knee to meet it at the midpoint. Go back to the original position and repeat with the left shoulder. Complete 10 times with each shoulder.
- Leg raises – This exercise is great for your abdominal muscles, even though the name can be deceiving. Lie with your back on the floor. Stretch your legs straight out. Bend them slightly and lift them with pointed toes. Straighten your legs out again so they are pointed to the ceiling. Then slowly lower them to just above the floor, holding them there for a second before lifting again. Do this move 5 times, rest 30 seconds, and repeat cycle 2 more times for a total of 3 sets.
4. Participate in Sports That Use Your Butt Muscles
Sports that use your butt and leg muscles will help you bulk up your glutes. Possible activities include: