Many readers are interested in the following topic: What Size Condom Do I Need?. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
It is important to practice safe sex to avoid unwanted pregnancy and protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases. Something that can always help in this regard is wearing a condom, but it is not always as simple as going to the market, get any type of condom and expect top results. You need to understand that you can find many different types of condoms and they vary in sizes as well. But do you know what size condom you need? This is an important question to ask, especially if you are going to engage in sexual activity for the first time. Let’s find out more about it.
What Size Condom Do I Need?
You can find condoms in different sizes, so it is important to know what will suit you the most. Understand that if a condom is too small, it can hamper your performance. If it is too large, you may lose it in the middle of the act or it may leak and lead to bigger problems. Here are a few things to consider when determining the right condom size for you.
Know How to Measure Your Penis Length
You should always start by measuring the length of your penis to determine the best condom size for you. Here is what to do:
- Get a measuring tape and a rule would do as well.
- Take the tape and place it at the base of your penis in erect state.
- Press into the pubic bone a little to ensure you get the right measurement.
- Measure it all the way to the end of the tip to know exactly how long your penis is.
It is equally important to measure the girth or thickness of your penis. Here is how to do it:
- Take a piece of string and wrap it around the thickest part of your erect penis.
- Now, mark where the ends of the string meet with each other. Then, take a rule and measure the piece of string.
It may also help to know the diameter of your penis to help select the most suitable condom for you. To know the diameter, simply take the girth measurement and divide it by 3.14.
Know the Average Penis Size
Once you know the size of your penis, it will become much easier to select a right condom for you. It is also possible to compare your size with the average penis size to know what types of condoms are available in the market. The average length of an erect penis is 5.5-6.3 inches, whereas the average girth is 4.5-5.1 inches. The average penis width is anywhere between 1.4 inches and 1.6 inches. If you have an average-sized penis, a standard size condom is likely to work just fine for you.
Know Which Condom Size You Need
What size condom do I need? To get the right answer, you need to keep the following things in mind.
- Consider comparing condom width to select the best condom for you. Standard sized condoms usually have a width of 1.75-2 inches, but there are ones under 1.75 inches and are called “snug”. Condoms with a width over 2 inches are categorized as “large”.
- Do not select a condom based only on the length of your penis because different manufacturers use different measurements for their condoms. What one brand categorizes as large may only be a standard size condom for another brand. Generally, standard condoms can be 7.25-7.8 inches long, whereas snug condoms may be 7-7.8 inches long. Large condoms usually have a length around 7.25-8.1 inches.
- Do not overlook the thickness of your penis when buying a condom. It will determine how a condom fits. A standard condom may feel a little too tight if the thickness of your penis is above average. Your condom may slip off during the act if you have less than average penis girth and use a standard condom.
Check the Condom Size Chart to Find the Best Condom
Here is a chart to help you know about some popular condom options for different penis sizes and help you find the answer to “What size condom do I need?”