Many readers are interested in the following topic: Sex Positions for Not Conceiving. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
One of the common search terms by couples who are sexually active but do not want to become pregnant is sex positions that prevent pregnancy. Fact is, pregnancy shouldn’t be an issue with so many family planning methods and contraceptives available in the market today.
Are There Any Sex Positions for Not Conceiving?
It may be disappointing but there is no such sex position that can avoid pregnancy for sure. Without contraceptive, you can get pregnant in pretty much any position. Although some positions can defy gravity such as standing, woman on top or sitting, they just lower the chances of pregnancy a tiny little bit. If a couple has been having sex without protection persistently for 12 months and pregnancy never happens, they should consider this as a problem which can be related to infertility. Do discuss this with the doctor.
How to Avoid Pregnancy with Vaginal Intercourse
Preventing pregnancy while having regular intercourse may seem disheartening, but there are many methods of birth control. Let’s have a look at few of them:
1. Use Condoms
Condoms are one of the safest and simplest forms of birth control, as they not only prevent the sperms from fertilizing the eggs, but also prevent sexually transmitted diseases. There are both male and female condoms available in drug stores today. However, female condoms are comparatively a bit expensive and marginally less efficient than the male condoms.
2. Take Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills, often known as “the pill”, are composed of synthetic progestin and estrogen hormones that prevent an egg from moving from the ovaries, preventing pregnancy. When consumed on a regular basis as prescribed by the doctor they are remarkably effective, so it’s the best fit for those who search words like “sex positions for not conceiving” on internet because with this pill you can try any position you want and won’t get pregnant.
3. Use Birth Control Shot or Patch
The hormones which are responsible for the effectiveness of the pill can be dispersed to the female body by different other means such as:
- The birth control shot or Depo-Provera is given in the arm once in every 3 months and is very effective but may have side effects, such as changes in menstrual periods, weight gain, nausea, stomach cramping/bloating, dizziness, headache, tiredness, irritability, breast tenderness, etc.
- The patch for birth control is generally placed on the back, thigh or the arm and should be replaced every few weeks. In this method, the hormones preventing pregnancy are distributed to the bloodstream via skin. Its side effects are similar with that of the birth control shot.
4. Take Plan B
Plan B tablets contain levonorgestrel, a hormone in female body that prevents ovulation by changing the lining of uterus and mucus of cervix, which makes it hard for sperm to reach an egg and hard for a fertilized egg to implant into the uterus.
Plan B is the alternate method used when all other methods such as condoms, birth control pills, shots, patches, etc. fail. The initial dose of Plan B should be taken within 72 hours of intercourse and the second dose within 12 hours after that.
5. Try Spermicide
Spermicide is a film, foam or gel which when put on a condom prevents pregnancy by killing the sperms at the opening of the uterus. The effectiveness of spermicide is higher when used along with a condom (95%) than as a standalone method (78%). But using spermicide may lead to infections on both the penis and the vagina.
6. Surgical Methods
Although the answer to “Is there sex positions for not conceiving” is a big no, there are two surgical methods that can prevent pregnancy for good. They are:
- Female sterilization where a procedure called tubal ligation is used to prevent pregnancy by closing the fallopian tubes. This process is very effective but is impossible or difficult to reverse.
- Vasectomy undergone by men to blocks the sperm flowing through their vas deferens and prevents them from mixing with the semen.
Sex Activities that Won’t Get You Pregnant
One of the common methods used by several people to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and prevent pregnancies is to abstain from vaginal sex. This opens a wide avenue of sexual practices that can be performed.
1. Oral Sex
In order for conception to occur, sperms have to enter the uterus and fertilize the egg in the fallopian tubes. The reproductive system and the gastrointestinal system of the human body have no interconnection. So sperm eaten during oral sex won’t let to pregnancy. Besides, the sperm swallowed by the woman is destroyed by the acids in her gut and the proteins in her small intestine. So there is no ways that pregnancy can happen during oral sex.
Then how to have oral sex to get the maximum pleasure:
- Giving oral sex to a man: Start by touching him to assist him to achieve the mood for oral sex. It’s better to start with making a ring around his penis with your forefinger and thumb when you are unsure of the depth of penetration into your mouth. Start slowly and build up to a quicker pace.
- Giving oral sex to a woman: It is always a good idea to start with some foreplay such as kissing her lips, the upper thighs and her vagina to build the mood for her. Start off by slowly kissing the clitoris and then build up to a quicker pace with a firm tongue.
2. Anal Sex
Another great method for those searching “sex positions for not conceiving” online is anal sex as it is impossible to get pregnant through anal sex. As the anus does not have its own source of lubrication like vagina, it is important to use a good lube to prevent getting hurt.
Anal sex can be defined as penetration of anus by a penis, fingers or a sex toy. It can be enjoyed by a person of any sex. Initially explore the anal area by caressing and touching to get familiar with the idea of anal sex. Some people enjoy anal sex and some don’t. If you belong to the latter category then it is better to discuss it with your partner. When you are ready to have anal sex start by slow penetration and complete withdrawal. Continue this until complete penetration but stop immediately if in pain or uncomfortable.
3. Other Sex Activities
Apart from the above mentioned things, you could also try masturbating, rubbing, kissing, fondling, using sex toys, acting out sexual fantasies, etc.