Many readers are interested in the following topic: How to Make Vape Juice. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
Smokers who want to quit their deadly habit often want to find the best way to do it effectively. One way is to use e-cigarettes, which produce vapors that help them obtain the pleasures from smoking without actually inhaling the harmful substances in cigarettes. It has been found to be effective in helping smokers quit. The best thing about it is that you can make your own vape juice to create the different flavors that you enjoy. If you want to learn how to make vape juice, read this article and be ready with the tools you need.
What Is Vape Juice?
Vape juice is the liquid substance used to take the place of tobacco in an e-cigarette. E-cigarettes are electronic devices that use vape juice instead of tobacco to achieve the desired effects smokers crave. Typically, vape juice contains the following ingredients:
- Vegetable Glycerine/Propylene Glycol
- Distilled water
- Food flavoring
Preparations Before Making Vape Juice
- Bottles or Containers. Before learning how to make vape juice, prepare your bottles or containers. These may consist of small plastic drip tip bottles. If you want to make large quantities of e-juice you may also use beakers or graduated cylinders for easier calculation.
- Syringes. Pipettes and syringes are essential tool for extracting the right amounts of liquids from small containers. It will also help you make consistent replicas of your new formula for vape juice.
- Gloves. It is important to use gloves when working with nicotine to avoid skin absorption. You can use nitrile gloves, which are powder-free and chemical resistant.
This is a natural, colorless compound that is also virtually odorless. It is approved by the FDA for use in various drugs and food. This thin liquid acts as a base for vape juice.
This is a natural plant oil extract that is a clear, colorless, odorless, viscous liquid with a mildly sweet flavor. It is also safe for human consumption and approved by the FDA for use in food, cosmetics and e-juiceproduction.
Compared to propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine produces a lighter hit on the throat. But because of its viscosity, it takes longer to heat into vapor and may leave excess residue on equipment.
The use of food flavoring depends on one’s personal taste. You can start with adding 5% flavor, which you can increase or mix with other lighter flavors. These can be gradually added by drops.
Nicotine is added in amounts ranging from 6 to 24mg. Unflavored nicotine comes in higher strength but you can dilute it to suit your taste.
How to Make Vape Juice
1. Determine the strength of nicotine you want in e-Liquid, and then figure out how much nicotine you will need with the calculator.
How the calculator works?
Amount of nicotine (mg) = Strength of diluted nicotine (mg/mL) x Volume (mL)
For example, we want to make 50mL of 8mg/mL eLiquid, so I need 50 x 8 = 400mgs of nicotine for the 50mL formula. Now we have 25mg/mL diluted nicotine, then according to the calculator, we need 400mg/ (25mg/mL) = 16mL of the diluted nicotine.
2. Put on gloves, and transfer the nicotine to the bottle.
Using gloves, transfer the nicotine to a 50mL drip tip bottle.
Using a syringe, carefully extract 16mL of 25mg/mL PG nicotine from the container of nicotine to make a diluted strength of 8mg/mL. Be sure to tap out air bubbles out of the syringe to make accurate measurements.
3. Add flavorings.
Squirt the nicotine into the plastic bottle. Add 5mL of the flavor you want.
4. Add the diluent/base to complete our liquid.
Add the diluent/base liquid or vegetable glycerine. Calculate the amount of diluent needed by subtracting the total amount of liquid already in the bottle (16 +5 = 21 ml) from the total volume of the bottle (50 ml). Therefore, using a clean syringe, add 29 mL of diluent liquid to the bottle. You can also adjust the ratio of the propylene glycol to the vegetable glycerine as desired.
Note that it is best to have the bottle not totally filled to allow better mixing of the ingredients.
5. Shake the bottle to mix it up.
Shake the bottle vigorously for several minutes to ensure that nicotine and the flavor mix well. Remember to shake the bottle very well before each use as well.
- If you want a thicker vapor, use more vegetable glycerine and less propylene glycol.
- If you prefer a better throat hit, use more propylene glycol. It is also better to use this in public places because it creates less vapor.
- Add vodka or pure grain alcohol to your vape juice to more throat hit.
- After knowing how to make vape juice, you should also learn about how to keep it safe from children and pets because nicotine is toxic.
Here is a video on how to mix and make your own e juice liquid.