Many readers are interested in the following topic: How to Eat Coconut Oil. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
Coconut is full of healthy saturated fats that have been known to improve brain function, aid in weight loss, and help improve your digestive system. These benefits and many others make coconut oil a superfood. Eating coconut oil on a regular basis is a fantastic way to substitute healthier fats into your daily diet.
Throughout the following article, discover the reasons why you should eat coconut oil and how to eat coconut oil so that it becomes a part of your healthy lifestyle.
How to Eat Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is extremely versatile and can be used in many every day foods and beverages. The following are the top 10 ways that people all around the world use coconut oil each day.
1. Coffee or Tea
Many people start their morning with a nice, hot cup of coffee or tea. Adding a tablespoon of coconut oil will add a smooth, creamy texture to your drink. Replace the sugar and milk with coconut oil for a delicious, healthy cup of coffee or tea. When you do use coconut oil, be sure to stir it well, under blending will leave your drink oily but mixing it well will give you a yummy morning drink.
Some may opt for a smoothie instead, or maybe you don’t like the taste of coconut, then a smoothie is a great option. You can hide the flavor and still get all the health benefits by blending a tablespoon or two of coconut oil into your favorite smoothie. Use liquefied coconut oil (coconut oil that is at room temperature) instead of cold coconut oil to avoid clumps.
3. Replacement for the Eggs
In terms of how to eat coconut oil, you can use it to substitute for eggs. Many times, when cooking and baking, eggs are used as a binding agent. Use coconut oil instead by replacing one egg with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. This is a great way to make some of your favorite foods vegan.
4. Substituent for Butter
There are two ways you can replace butter, both ways require you to substitute equal amounts. You can replace the butter in your baked goods for healthier, tastier treats. You can also replace butter on your toast, pancakes, and muffins with coconut oil. You can blend it till it reaches a consistency like a paste, melt it or simply let it come to room temperature and use it just in ways as you would use butter.
5. Fried Foods
As a healthier and tastier option, you can replace your regular frying oil with coconut oil. It gives fried chicken and French fries a much cleaner taste with the same great crispy crunch. Coconut oil adds a great flavor to fried or scrambled eggs as well.
6. Sauté Foods
Coconut oil does not burn as easily as other oils because it has a really high smoke point. This makes it a great alternative for oils used when sautéing your favorite vegetables. Plus, you will not have that oily residue on your veggies.
7. Nut Butters
When eating natural peanut or almond butter the oils will separate and sit on the top of the butter. Replacing that oil with coconut oil will create a creamy texture that you are sure to love.
Adding liquid coconut oil to your yogurt will give you a yummy coconut flavored yogurt. When you dig in, you can be happy knowing that you are improving your health by adding your own instead of buying coconut flavored yogurt at the store that contains many other chemicals.
Speaking of how to eat coconut oil, you can always add it to your oatmeal. Adding a tablespoon will help make your oatmeal creamy with a very subtle coconut flavor. You won’t be disappointed!
10. Homemade Energy Bars
Mixing ½ cup each of cocoa butter, coconut oil, honey, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and 1 ¼ cup of shredded coconut will create delicious energy bars. Be sure you melt down all the butters and oils before mixing in the dry ingredients. Once they are mixed well, spread them into a 9*13 inch baking pan and refrigerate for one hour.
Why You Should Eat Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is packed with natural, healthy goodness that helps your body in many ways. It contains many saturated fats, vitamin E, vitamin K, and many other minerals that are very beneficial to improving your immune system, fighting infections, creating glowing skin, and aiding in weight loss.
Now that you know how to eat coconut oil, it is time to discover the many health benefits of adding coconut to your daily diet.
- Healthy hair – Eating coconut oil will naturally improve your hair growth and shine. Massaging coconut oil onto your scalp will help avoid dandruff and lice.
- Reduce heart disease – Although coconut oil contains high amounts of saturated fats, it is extremely healthy for your heart. The lauric acid found in coconut oil helps lower cholesterol and high blood pressure. It also helps increase the strength of arteries.
- Improved skin – Moisturizing with coconut oil will help keep your skin moist and smooth. Plus, it helps eliminate the psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and wrinkles.
- Weight loss – Eating more saturated fats than unsaturated fats helps you shed the pounds more quickly. The fatty acids also help keep your digestive track function properly to increase your body’s ability to create and expend energy.
- Immunity – The natural antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that coconut oil contains helps keep your immune system healthy.
- Prevents and cures candida – A highly irritating yeast infection known as candida can be prevented and cured with coconut oil. The inflammation will be reduced both externally and internally because coconut oil helps your body naturally retain its moisture.
- Prevents organ diseases – Coconut oil helps prevent liver and kidney disease and pancreatitis.
- Reduces stress – Massaging your head with coconut oil will help reduce stress and eliminate fatigue.
- Improves diabetic symptoms – The coconut oil helps control your blood sugar levels and improves insulin making it important to learn how to eat coconut oil if you are diabetic.
- Prevents osteoporosis – Coconut oil helps maintain and increase bone density by improving the absorption of calcium and magnesium in your body.
- Improves dental health – Since your body is able to better absorb calcium, your teeth remain healthier.