Many readers are interested in the following topic: 10 Easy Ways to Use Garlic for Weight Loss. We are happy to note, that our authors have already studied the modern research about the topic you are interested in. Based on the information provided in the latest medical digests, modern research and surveys, we provide extensive answer. Keep reading to find out more.
It is a known fact that garlic is packed with nutrients. It boosts immunity, relaxes blood vessels to promote flow of blood and reduces blood pressure; decreases inflammation that triggers disease and premature aging; prevents damage to blood vessels, thereby, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and provides protection against osteoarthritis. It is also said that garlic may help in losing weight. Is this true?
Why Does Garlic Help in Weight Loss?
A study that was published in November 2011 in the Journal of Nutrition, the effects of fat storage and garlic on mice was looked upon by researchers. A diet high in fat was given to mice for 8 weeks so that they get obese. Then either a placebo or a supplement of garlic was given to mice for 7 weeks. The body fat and weight reduced in mice who took garlic whereas it did not reduce in those who took placebo. Moreover, body temperatures of mice who took garlic was higher, which suggested that fat burning property is present in garlic which supports uses of garlic in weight loss. Although the results of the study are encouraging, still the study conducted was small and these similar effects need to be proved in humans.
Extract of aged garlic may help in promoting weight loss when used in combination with exercise. According to a study that was published in June 2012 in the Journal Nutrition Research and Practice, postmenopausal females received either placebo or extract of aged garlic for 3 months. Significant loss of body weight and fat occurred in females who took extract of aged garlic in comparison to females who took placebo.
How to Use Garlic for Weight Loss?
1. Garlic Cloves
- Take two garlic cloves and crush it.
- Keep it for ten minutes as raw garlic produces allicin on interacting with oxygen.
- You can use the crushed cloves to season sauces, salad vinaigrettes and soups.
- You can also chew two cloves of garlic early morning or at night before retiring to bed.
2. Garlic Juice
- Put the cloves of garlic in a blender and puree them.
- Strain and collect juice of garlic.
- Consume one tsp of juice of garlic followed by a cup of lukewarm water.
- You can mix one tsp of honey to garlic to change its taste.
3. Lemon with Garlic
- What are the uses of garlic in weight loss? Take out juice of one lemon in one glass of water.
- Chew three cloves of garlic and then drink lemon water.
- You can also crush cloves of garlic and add them in lemon water. Consume this water.
- Repeat this each morning.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey with Garlic
- Mix 1 tsp each of honey, apple cider vinegar and garlic juice.
- Consume this mixture daily morning before breakfast.
- You can also mix this mixture in one glass of water and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of pepper. Drink this mixture.
- Mix one cup each of ginger juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and garlic juice.
- Put the mixture on low heat and let it simmer until it is reduced to three cups.
- Remove from heat and keep it to cool to room temperature.
- Mix one cup honey. Store the mixture in air tight container.
- Consume one tbsp of this mixture daily in the morning.
5. Milk with Garlic
What are the uses of garlic in weight loss? Try this recipe.
- Crush two cloves of garlic and mix in one cup of milk (raw).
- Keep it for ten minutes. Then consume it daily every morning.
- Crush three cloves of garlic and mix in one cup of milk.
- Put this mixture on stove and boil till it decreases to half.
- Keep it to cool to room temperature.
- Mix one tsp honey and one pinch of pepper and drink.
6. Ginger with Garlic
- Mince four cloves of garlic and grate four ginger root chunks.
- Add these to 500 ml of boiling water.
- Let them steep for around 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture. Drink.
- Repeat it daily.
Process 2: With Aloe Vera
- Remove gel from leaf of aloe vera.
- Peel garlic and ginger.
- Put three garlic cloves, 2 inch piece of ginger, and gel of aloe vera and juice of ½ lemons in a blender. Blend till a smooth mixture is formed.
- Mix 1 tbsp honey. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Put this mixture in air tight container. Place in a refrigerator.
- Eat three tbsp of this mixture three times a day.
Process 3: With Cinnamon
- Mince one garlic clove and grate one inch piece of ginger.
- In one cup of boiling water, add ginger, garlic, 1 bag of green tea and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Let it steep for 14 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp honey. Drink this mixture daily.
7. Carom Seeds with Garlic
- Blend two garlic cloves with one tsp carom seeds.
- Eat this mixture and then one glass of water.
- Repeat two times a day. Try this recipe for uses of garlic in weight loss.
8. Cucumber with Garlic
- Add three leaves of lettuce, four cloves of garlic, ½ stalk of celery, three pepper corns, half cucumber, two steamed asparagus and one tsp flax seeds in a blender.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Drink this mixture daily.
9. Garlic Tea
- Crush two garlic cloves. Add them to one cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for ten minutes and strain the mixture. Keep it to cool to room temperature.
- Mix 1 tsp honey and 2 tsp lemon juice. Consume regularly.
10. Red Wine with Garlic
- Mince 12 cloves of garlic and put them in a jar containing ½ l red wine.
- Put a lid on the jar. Place the jar at a place where it gets direct sunlight. Let it remain there for two weeks.
- Consume one tsp of this mixture thrice daily.
- Make fresh mixture after six months.
- Grenade Thermo Detonator Review
- 10 Easy Ways to Use Garlic for Weight Loss
- Tips to Get Rid of Garlic Smell
- 1,300 Calorie Meal Plans
- Calories Burned Running Stairs
- Top 10 Best Chest Workouts for Women
- Does Mymi Wonder Patch Really Work?
- Eating Less but Gaining Weight
- Calories Burned When Running
- 1200 Calorie Meal Plan
- 10 Easy Ways to Use Garlic for Weight Loss
- 11 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight?
- Do You Weigh More After a Workout?
- Weight Loss Shakes: Effectiveness, Defects, and Using Tips
- 11 Best Natural Ways to Help You Lose Water Weight Fast
- Best Tips to Get a V Line
- 11 Little Things that Keep You from Losing Weight
- Complications of Losing Weight Too Fast